Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I have been wondering lately why I ever started writing in the first place. When my daughter gave me a hand-made Mother's Day card, I realized that it wasn't a conscious decision. It was just something that was always a part of me. My first greeting card (unpublished, of course) read something like this: Roses are red. Violets are blue. There's no other mom quite like you. Okay, so it wasn't very original, but I was only five. Give me a break! On another note, I watched my fifteen-year-old perform her last dance for junior high Drill Team last night. Next year, she's off to high school. And my thirteen-year-old is suddenly more concerned about his girlfriend than his batting average. This isn't good news for me on this Mother's Day. They grow up too fast! So, I decided to make a Mother's Day resolution. I will spend more time with them. They may not like the idea, but they don't have a choice. I am their mother!

1 comment:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I can identify with writing just being part of you...as far as the card...sometimes when things are put simply, they are most beautiful.
~ Wendy