Thursday, June 18, 2009

Vacation Time!

Well, sort of... We aren't going to the beach as this picture suggests. And it's not really a vacation. We're only going to Omaha for my eleven-year-old's baseball tournament. But my kids think it's a vacation--we are staying in a hotel, and the hotel does have a swimming pool. I think of it more as three days in the sweltering heat listening to umps yell things like: "STRIKE ONE!" or "HE'S OUT A THERE!" and of course the occasional "COME ON UMP! GET SOME GLASSES!" from the coaches. Fun times, fun times! I am also hoping to hear the crack of my son's bat against the ball and to watch that ball go over the fence. Okay, I'd settle for a line drive right in the hole. You see, he's been in somewhat of a hitting slump. But I admire him, though. He keeps his chin up and never gives up! That's how I want to be. Another lesson learned from my children. Wish Cameron (or Cam as he likes to be called now) luck. I think he has a shot. The name of the tournament is The Omaha Slumpbuster, after all. Let's hope it lives up to it's name!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like fun! Enjoy your vacation!

Here's an old cheer for Cam:

Pepsi Cola, Coca Cola, Royal Crown
We're gonna hypnotize 'em, paralyze 'em,
Knock 'em down! Goooooooo Cam!

Good Luck!!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Good luck Cam!

Have a great time!

Patti said...

Good luck. I love going to watch my kids play sports..

Susan R. Mills said...

Thanks for all the well wishes! He did great!